Photo credit: Dimma Umeh
Self-care = Self-love: Consider revamping your routine to thrive both physically and mentally this year
Vaseline Cocoa Radiant lotion is encouraging women to always keep self-care top of our mind. Here are five simple ways to nourish and protect your skin daily.
- Realistic nutrition goals – There’s no such a thing as a “one fits all” diet. Avoid committing to unrealistic nutrition goals because more often than not, you lose interest, or become discouraged! Instead set small goals, such as incorporating a super green everyday (aka asparagus, kale, and spinach, just to name a few) into a favorite dish. Do you love pasta? Eating it in moderation is actually healthy for you, so throw in some broccoli or sautéed spinach with some olive oil and parmesan, and voila! You have taken the first step in accomplishing a nutrition goal.
- Indulge in “Me-Time” – At least once a week, do something you enjoy for yourself. It doesn’t matter if it’s a night in the week dedicated to binge watching TV, treating yourself to a mani/pedi or massage, or even indulging in a sweet treat. Don’t feel bad about taking time for you or find excuses not to do it, because doing the things we enjoy is what prevents “overload burnout”. So, relax, take a nap and remind yourself that you earned it.
- Nourish, Beautify, & Glow – The winter months wreak havoc on our skin, making it dry, cracked, itchy and overall lackluster. Despite this, many of us just focus on our make up or hair, neglecting our skin. As the largest, most noticeable organ on our bodies, and the first thing people notice, begin a new habit of deeply moisturizing at least once a day. Keep a bottle of lotion, like Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant in your bathroom so it’s easy to grab right after a bath or shower. It deeply moisturizes skin and contains pure cocoa butter, leaving it smooth, glowing, and smelling great.
- Spice things up – Do you sometimes feel like you need some new inspiration, or you aren’t really taking in the world around you? Oftentimes we look past opportunities to learn new things, whether it be about our culture, our city, or the people around us. So, consider visiting a museum you’ve been curious about, taking up a one-time ceramics class, checking out a local music show, or even booking a weekend getaway. A quick online search and you can even find local deals and discounts, making the opportunity more feasible and exciting.
- Emotional check-in – Practice emotional check-ins with yourself. Are you taking time to process how you’re feeling and working through it to the best of your ability? If you’re upset about a negative work review, feeling overwhelmed by new responsibilities, or unfulfilled about a particular aspect of your life, take the time to reflect on it instead of letting it fester within. Acknowledging how you feel is the first step to taking action and planning your next move with a clear frame of mind.
Share your Vaseline Cocoa Radiant beauty routine in our comments section.
More beauty updates and tips @VaselineBrand